RWTH German Language Courses
Information on current courses can be found on our Course Offer page.
Intensive Courses March 2021
RWTH German Courses - lecture-free period
Registration: 19. - 25.02-2021 via your user account
Course time: 03.03 - 23.03.2021
Final exam: 23.03.2021, online for all courses
For course information please check our course offer page.
Placement Tests for RWTH German Courses
- Date/Time: Tue. 16.02., 10 AM - Mo. 22.02., 6 PM (Please note that there is scheduled maintenance in RWTH moodle on Wednesday mornings, so you should not take the test during that time.)
- Please note that students who already took a placement test and/or course in this Winter semester are not eligible to take this test.
- Eligible students do not need to register in order to take part.
- Taking the test is no guarantee for a course place.
- please click on this link to start the placement test during the mentioned times
It is mandatory to have a valid RWTH User ID (TIM) in order to take the test.
The exact procedure is as follows:
- IMPORTANT: Create a SZ user account before attending the test! This step is crucial, otherwise the placement test result cannot be entered. To create a SZ user account you need a TIM-ID.
- To sit the test, please click on the link below. You will be directed to the RWTH Moodle page. Click on the login button in the upper-right hand corner. To register you need a TIM-ID.
- You will then be directed to the Language Center’s Moodle page. If you have not done so already, you can set the page language to English in the upper-right hand corner.
- Click on “self enrolment” to begin the test.
- Complete the test. You have 100 minutes to do so.
- View the placement test result in the SZ user account. The results are published within 24 hours after the test.
- Register for the course (also via the SZ user account).