RWTH German Language Courses
Information on current courses can be found on our course offer page.
Placement Tests for RWTH German Courses
- Date/Time: Tue., April 6., 10 am - Fr., April 9, 2021, 4pm. (Please note that there is scheduled maintenance in RWTHmoodle on Wednesday mornings, so you should not take the test during that time.)
- Eligible students do not need to register in order to take part.
- Taking the test is no guarantee for a course place.
- During your studies you may take the test of the same language twice and there need to have passed at least 90 days between two German language tests or your new test and the last day of your RWTH German course.
- Please click on the link during the above mentioned times to start the placement test. There is no prior registration.
- It is mandatory to have a valid RWTH User ID (TIM) in order to take the test.
- Important note: Please note that the placement test is not an exam, but a language level check, which serves to offer you a course at the right level. If aids are used when taking the placement test, you may receive a course place at a wrong language level. It is not possible to change the language level after taking the placement test.
The exact procedure is as follows:
- IMPORTANT: Create a SZ user account before attending the test! This step is crucial, otherwise the placement test result cannot be entered. To create a SZ user account you need a TIM ID.
- To sit the test, please click on the link below. You will be directed to the RWTHmoodle page. Click on the login button in the upper-right hand corner. To register you need a TIM ID.
- You will then be directed to the Language Center’s Moodle page. If you have not done so already, you can set the page language to English in the upper-right hand corner.
- Click on “self enrolment” to begin the test.
- Complete the test. You have 100 minutes to do so.
- View the placement test result in the SZ user account. The results are published within 24 hours after the test.
- Register for the course (also via the SZ user account).